RDPDesk To-Do List
Our to-do’s page presents the key issues of interest to the core components. Recommended for all contributors prior to working on the RDPDesk’s code.
Tasks for the next release (March 5,2011) are highlighted in red.
Prospective Enhancements: System
- Active Directory integration (Win2000, Win2003, Win2008): access control, privilege and settings management
- Control computer settings via AD: enable Remote Desktop on computer setting
- Automatic search for terminal services: using AD
- Automatic search for workstations with support for ICA, RDP, and VNC connections: search for workstations that respond via standard ports for each protocol
- Windows Explorer integration: call on a client via context menu; obtaining a server name automatically
- Remote Assistance: activate Windows Remote Assistant from RDPDesk interface.
- Control computer settings for Remote Assistant software via AD: activate remote desktop service for Remote Assistant software
- Wake-On-Lan: turn on or wake up a computer by a network message
- File Exchange: drag and drop
- Easy setup wizards: for printers, scanners, webcams, etc.
- Control computer settings via AD (for ICA): provide a functionality for enabling remote desktop service
- Automatic tracking for created connections: checking hosts by availability
- Logging: to log ‘who is doing what’
- Log backend: advanced logging options
- Support for XDMCP and ssh X-Forward (Linux) protocols
- Video recording: capture remote session into AVI file
- Open all computers from a group in tabs
- LDAP integration: access control, privilege and settings management, define logic for LDAP plugin (applied to existing projects — FedoraDirectory, ApachDirectory, etc.)
- MySQL integration: access control, privilege and settings management, define DB work logic
- MSSQL integration: access control, privilege and settings management
- PostgreSQL integration: access control, privilege and settings management
- Linux Explorer integration: call on a client via context menu; obtaining a server name automatically
- Support Space protocol
- Support different proxies and firewalls
- Detach a session tab to a separate window and stick it back.
- Provide support for a common network data storage.
- Support the AD structure scanning for “Terminal Servers”.
- Refactoring the program structure for easier plugins implementation.
- Add export to the RDP file.
New Feature Requests
(Your feature requests that have been accepted into the product roadmap)
- Provide an ability to direct to multiple hosts behind a firewall
Your opinion is very important to us!
You can provide feedback through the RD Connection Manager Forum Portal, accessible through contact us form.