RD Connection Manageris a technology consisting of two logically separated layers: main module and the backend.
Main module manages and displays user information. This module comprises the following elements:
- Tab-based user window and working area
- Convenient dialog to configure the session parameters
- Dialog with the software settings
- Instant access to already existing configured connections
- Managing a session in a full-screen mode.
Backend component allows working with a remote session. Different backends are used for different target platforms, for example, rdesktop is used for the *nix systems; the mstscax.dll, installed in the system, is used for Windows.
Example of Usage
NOTE: The number of backends will be increased; support of the VNC, RDP (with a full set of functionality for Win2k8), ICA, VMRC protocols will be added. Each session is launched in a separate thread that allows avoiding waiting-related problems when some issues are encountered in another session.